Wednesday, January 16, 2008

What I do all day - First Day PHOTO!

I have got to start going to bed earlier! I've been training new photographers for the last several weeks, and have had 2 days off since December 10. I am TIRED. I have the greatest job, though. Brad and I get to work and be with our kids alternately. He's with them when I am at work, and vice versa. Today, we really did just trade. I was at the hospital from 8am-4:30pm, and got home just in time for him to leave to shoot a couple Bethel University basketball games. We love it, though.

In 2003, Brad started our company, First Day PHOTO! www.firstdayphoto.com in a response to a request from a local hospital to provide newborn photography that was better than what they had (the other company just bought everyone except us, so they are in most U.S. hospitals). What he discovered was that he was able to do SO much more than that. With my knowledge about how the birth centers work and what is important to them and his business and photography expertise, he created a distinctive in-hospital portrait service for newborns that is unmatched in quality and service. The service to the family is fantastic because they are provided beautiful portrait-quality images in their hospital room. For the hospital, the advantages are so many.

So, where do I come in? Brad got so busy with his ministry work and sports work that I offered to help with First Day PHOTO!. That was almost three years ago (and two babies ago!) and I've been doing it ever since. I gently took over all the operations and now I do it full time, and parent full time. Our kiddos are 4 years old, 2 1/2 years old and 1 year old. So, with a growing family and a growing business we are both busy, but we couldn't be happier.

No comments: