Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I don't believe in coincidence

Last night I was going to post a link to a great story on Perinatal Hospice that appeared on MSNBC.com, but I got tired and thought "I'll just do it tomorrow." The story features a family who carried their baby to term and had 29 days with him, and extensively quotes a friend of mine, Amy Kuebelbeck, an author and speaker on Perinatal Hospice. Amy chronicled her journey with her son, Gabriel (who had hypoplastic left heart syndrome), in Waiting with Gabriel: A Story of Cherishing a Baby's Brief Life - a wonderful, hope-filled book. Since her son's brith and death, she has become a sought-after speaker on the topic. She's also co-authoring a new book with Deborah Davis called The Gift of Time: Continuing Your Pregnancy with a Terminal Prenatal Diagnosis (to be published in 2010). Our son, Eli, will be one of many children in the new book.

Today, Amy emailed me to tell me that since I first looked at the article yesterday, the Today Show piece was placed in the article as a video-link. So - here's the link to the article and, by default, another path to the Today Show piece. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23682263/

Amy's work is educating so many health care providers about how to best care for families. Great work, Amy! I am so proud to know you! You can see more of what Amy is doing at www.perinatalhospice.org

1 comment:

Ginger Murray said...

God always surprises us when we least expect it.