Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Today Show

It's finally going to air! Reporter Kerry Sanders was here in Minneapolis last October to film a story on Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep for NBC's Today Show. They followed me and a family expecting a baby with Trisomy 18 (the same condition our son Eli had). Unless the story is bumped by big news, it is scheduled to air in the 8:30 half-hour.

I am really excited and really nervous. It was hours and hours of tape that turned into a few minutes of story. I know that's their job, they do it every day. It was such a privielege to meet Kerry Sanders and Vicki Collins (the producer). They were such a pleasure to work with. The Cameraman and audio person were just fabulous, we hardly noticed they were there as we worked with baby Olivia after she was born.

I guess we'll all see how it goes...

5 comments:

Ginger Murray said...

recording time set!

robyn said...

You have my awe and my utmost respect. God bless you, and thank you. -Robyn (buttonsandbowsphotography.com)

Aurora Photography said...

you did a great job girl!! as always it's an honor to be in the company of another NILMDTS photographer. Thanks for being so strong and sharing your story I'm sure you did more than you will ever know to increase awareness and countless families will no doubt now receive our services thanks to your willingness to share.

susan_2424 said...

Jessica, I saw the clip (linked from those on a major photography board) and it was amazing. Let me just say I'm not the only one who had tears. Very well done.

I am Judie Piotrowski's daughter. It was only when she mentioned that you were on the show that I realized it was you.

You do wonderful work and I'd love to volunteer to do something like this in the future, when I'm more confident in my abilities.

Susan
(susanlarsonphotography.com)

Unknown said...

Hi Jessica :)

I just stumbled across your blog but wanted to say how wonderful it is that you were able to share your (and baby Olivia's) story on the Today Show.

NILMDTS has really benefited so much from having this wonderful story to share cross-country... I know it has helped raise awareness of NILMDTS in my area.

(ok, so a month late... but better late than never!)

-Betsy